Happy Super Bowl Sunday! After the Texans lost, I’m not really interested in the game, although I am looking forward to some funny commercials tonight. Come on corporate American companies, I need a good laugh.
I made an early run to the grocery store this morning avoiding all the males-who-forgot-some-snack-and-never-go-grocery-shopping-confusion. I came home and prepped lots of veggies and goodies for a week full of meals and snacks. Though I’d share with you what is on our weekly menu and see what everyone else is cooking. What are you making this week?
Sunday (Today): Paninis + Veggies
(Read: cheese dip and Superbowl food for the hubs)
- Chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, green onions & shredded zucchini
- Made 12 egg frittata with veggies (snacks/breakfast throughout the week)
- Browned some prosciutto & veggies, combined with leftover pasta, sauce and fresh mozzarella for a pasta bake to be eaten Tues
- Made apple and pear compote (with no added sugar!) Will top Greek yogurt and oatmeal for snacks & breakfast (also good on brie)
- Chopped kale, fennel, celery and made dressing for Kale Market Salad (part of lunch for the week)
Monday: Broiled Salmon with Bok Choy
Tuesday: Pasta Bake + Leftover salmon or kale for me
- Make Kung Pao chicken patties for tomorrow